Doner kebab is a popular Turkish dish that has taken the world by storm. It is a simple dish that consists of thinly sliced meat, which is cooked on a spit and served in pita bread with vegetables and sauce. It is delicious, filling and a favourite among people of all ages.
However, most people believe that it is difficult to make doner kebab at home. This is a common misconception. In this blog, we will explore an easy way to make doner kebab at home using BAHARAT DONER SEASONING. We will also discuss how healthy it is to make it yourself and how you know exactly what goes into your kebab.
Why Make Doner Kebab at Home?
Making doner kebab at home is a great idea for several reasons. Firstly, you know exactly what goes into your kebab. This is important as some kebab shops may use low-quality ingredients or add additives to their meat. By making it at home, you can ensure that the meat is fresh, and you can choose the ingredients that go into your kebab.
Secondly, making doner kebab at home is a healthier option. You can control the amount of oil and salt that goes into your kebab, making it a healthier alternative to the ones you buy at the kebab shop. This is especially important if you are on a diet or trying to eat healthier.
Finally, making doner kebab at home is a fun and exciting activity to do with your family or friends. It is a great way to bond and enjoy a delicious meal together.
Now that we have covered the benefits of making doner kebab at home let's look at the way to make doner kebab using BAHARAT DONER SEASONING.
- 1 pound of lean meat (such as low-fat beef, low-fat lamb)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 or 2 tablespoons BAHARAT DONER SEASONING
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pita bread, wrap or lettuce wraps (for serving)
- Assorted vegetables (such as lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and peppers)
- Optional toppings (such as chilli sauce, garlic sauce, hummus, tzatziki sauce, and feta cheese).
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celcius
- Cut your meat into thin slices or small chunks. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, tomato paste, yogurt, BAHARAT DONER SEASONING, salt, and pepper.
- Place the protein in a large bowl and toss it with the mixture until it is well coated.
- Arrange the protein on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast it in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- While the protein is cooking, prepare your vegetables and toppings. Wash and chop your vegetables into bite-sized pieces and set them aside. If you are using pita bread, warm it in the oven or in a bread toaster
- Once the protein is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Using a sharp knife, slice it into thin strips.
- To assemble your doner kebab, place a few strips of protein on a pita bread, wrap or lettuce wrap. Top it with your choice of vegetables and optional toppings.
- Repeat this process until you have used up all your protein and vegetables. Serve your doner kebabs immediately and enjoy!