You’ve probably heard the buzz around air fryer cooking, but if you haven’t yet tried it for yourself, you’re probably wondering what all the fuss is about? The Air fryer has surged in popularity over the last few years – why? Because they are versatile, convenient, and just downright brilliant! It offers a healthy alternative to deep frying, allowing you to cook virtually anything, incredibly fast.
What makes the Air fryer so healthy?
If you love food but are watching the calories then the air fryer really is heaven sent. In fact, the air fryer has been touted as one of the healthiest methods for frying foods. It’s even been nicknamed the ‘health fryer’. The air fryer was designed to simulate deep frying without submerging food in oil. Instead of infusing your foods with fatty oils, it cooks by circulating hot air – simply put, it KILLS calories! The air fryer can reduce calories by up to 80% compared with deep frying, which means we can enjoy all the same delicious foods, without the guilt. Hallelujah!
Fakeaway Favourite – The Air Fryer Doner Kebab
Our Fakeaway Doner Kebab can even be made in the Air fryer! Suitable for low calorie diets and also perfect for high protein ketogenic diets (if you leave out the bread and serve with veggies). Using low fat mince and our Baharat Doner Kebab seasoning (see recipe below for vegan alternatives), you can replicate the famous Turkish takeaway from the comfort of your own kitchen. And the best part is, it’s healthier, cheaper, and yet just as tasty!
- 3 tbsp. Doner Kebab Seasoning
- 500 grams of minced meat, lamb or beef
- 2 tbsp. yogurt
- 1 small, grated onion
- Tip all the ingredients into a food processor
- Pulse until everything is combined
- Let the mixture sit for 1 hour
- Preheat the air-fryer on 200 c
- Now make a cylinder shape (elephant leg)
- Place the cylinder in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 180 c turn and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the Doner kebab from the air-fryer and cover it with foil
- Leave the kebab to cool for 10 minutes
- Now slice the meat as thin as possible
- Serve with pita bread, salad and your favourite sauces